Week of Mascaras! - Friday, NYX Doll Eye Waterproof

Welcome to the last day (and TFIF) of the Week of Mascaras.  My name is Lori and I am your host for this evening....  Oh screw it, it's too darn early.

You all remember Agnieszka (from my CG lashperfection review).  I went over to see her the other day and she said "Have you tried the NYX Mascara"?  What ensued was a flurry of chatter and me making a purchase.  My whole idea for this series was to balance brands available most anywhere (CG and NYX) and others available at high end places like Sephora, MAC, etc (Stila, Urban Decay, and BUXOM).  I think I have struck a bit of a balance.

Now, on with the show.

Today's selection is NYX Doll Eye Waterproof Mascara.  I have purchased other NYX products (mostly the jumbo eye pencils) but never quite caught on to the line.  But I trust the lady above and went for it!.

Official words from NYX Cosmetics:


Hello doll-face! For irresistibly fluttery eyelashes, try this mascara on for size. Doll Eye Mascara uses a unique blend of natural oils, Vitamin E and nylon fibers to extend eyelashes to almost faux proportions. Choose from lengthening, volumizing or waterproof versions.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Carnauba Wax, Stearic Acid, VP/ Hexadecene Copolmer, Glycerine, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Polvinylpyrrolidone, Candellila Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyvinylalcohol, Alcohol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Lanolin Wax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/ Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer Emulsion(2), and Hydroxyethylcellulose, MAY CONTAIN: Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499).

And.... scene

I went for the waterproof.  It's surprising (especially for me) that I do not have any waterproof mascaras in my stash.  So to heck with it, I am living on the edge...

Container
Wand (traditional bristles)
 Again, I am not big into pretty containers for Mascara.  It holds the stuff I want.  Simple.

The wand is a traditional bristle one, and as you know, I am a rubber bristle gal.  Uh oh, this doesn't look like a match made in heaven!!!

Rating - Meh

But I lumber on.

One coat right eye (your left)
Coat #2 one eye
One eye close up with lashes completely done
So let us talk about gloopiness.  Surprise!  There was none!  Not on the bristles of the brush, not on the tip of the brush, no where to be seen!  And the container removes enough of the product when pulling the wand out that it just gives me a lot of control as to how much I add.  When I added a second coat it did not clump together and require a comb through.  HOORAY!!! X2 (for non-gloop and 2nd coat goodness). And gulp, I did not mind the bristles...

Huh - so my friend Dee asked "How are those mascaras holding up for flaking or ending up under your eye by the end of the day".  Let me show you Dee....

At about 530pm (Applied at 7am)
End of day closer view
Yeah Dee, I couldn't believe it myself.  Flaking was very very minimal and no raccoon eyes!

Hooo- freakin-ray!

Price was $10.99CDN and $9USD.  So a Hooray there.

Final tally.

Hooray - 4
Meh - 1

Would I buy again?  Yes.  WIll I try their other formulas?  Yes.  Am I surprised?  Heck yeah.

Check back in April for another week of Mascaras where I will review my most expensive and most despised mascara (and yes, they are the same one)!!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter