Journey to the Camino de Santiago - AKA Why I am stubborn and slightly unhinged


As most of my friends (enemies, acquaintances, strangers on the street) already know I am planning to hike the Camino de Santiago Fall of 2014.  Lots of people ask me why I am doing it: is it spiritual, physical, or somewhere in between.

I wish I had a good answer. All I know is that I HAVE to do it. I think the reason will evolve the more I read, talk and learn.  The past couple of years have been... difficult and I need to understand, well, me.

I have my body to train but also my mind. You see, I've never hiked before... A stroll, a walk that involved taking a sandwich but never a multi-day - not knowing where you're going to lay your head, trek.  I'm both terrified and jazzed.  Apprehensive and fearless. I'll have friends with me but when you are at Day 5, 10 clicks into your hike, how am I going to do?

Now before you ask, I'm doing the French Way.... but not the whole way. My plan is to start in Leon, Spain and trek to Santiago.  Anywhere between 13-15 days I figure.  About 300kms.

My plan is to blog the prep, the journey and my thoughts after.

So join in and hopefully help me figure out what the hell I am doing.

If anyone is on Twitter and want to follow along with one of my Camino campadres, check out the hashtag (#) #caminotwits.

We also keep things grouped by week in Storify.  Here's some of our chatter.


Buen Camino,
Lori

2 comments :

  1. A seemingly monumental undertaking on both the physical and emotional level. A journey of the heart and mind but most importantly, the journey of Lori. This will be such an intimate, soul-searching and powerful experience for you. I'm thrilled you're sharing the before, during and after with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter